PM Spy

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

PM Spy

Started by the_pest, 01 March, 2005, 18:37:35

Previous topic - Next topic

the_pest

use

(uk-kingdom)John

why would anyone want a pm spy? thats lame.

pHaTTy

may be a way of learning, but please find other scripts to code, and dont spy on ppls 'private' messages

-/pha
Resistance is futile!

Pr?sten

I Would like to have a pm spy, becuse sometimes i suspect advertisers... good to be sure first..

Thanks
dvdr / Mp3 hub--> pentagon.no-ip.info

blackwings

QuoteOriginally posted by Pr?sten
I Would like to have a pm spy, becuse sometimes i suspect advertisers... good to be sure first..

Thanks
then get a anti advertise script

Rulle

It can for this be use: Robo-cop or Guarding for exemple.
Witch I guess you al ready have :)
Of course, nothing is 100% safe, but if you can not trust your users - then ho can you trust in this world....

Pr?sten

QuoteOriginally posted by blackwings

Thanks

I can?t have that becuse some users whit my promission are allowed to send advertise in pm.. but not all, thats why i whant it
dvdr / Mp3 hub--> pentagon.no-ip.info

plop

Thanks

I can?t have that becuse some users whit my promission are allowed to send advertise in pm.. but not all, thats why i whant it
thats why anti adverting scripts have settings so you can decide which profiles should be filtered.
there is no excuse 2 use a pm spy.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by plop

Thanks

thats why anti adverting scripts have settings so you can decide which profiles should be filtered.

plop

I've found one use: If i get a report of a disconnection, I put a watch on both the users involved, and often they'll be having a discussion, and one will incriminate himself, by saying something like, 'only one album at atime, and there's nothing you can do about it'. then i ban the stingy leeching arsehole :) i do suspect those desperate for this kind of script are the nosey ones who will abuse it.

Pothead

Havn't seen a Anti Advertise script which does what i want yet :S  On detected advertisement in PM, it gives say the last 5 lines of the converstation, so you can see the context of the advertisement.  If it's someone helping someone, there is no need to kick them. :) So until i find one, i'll just keep all advertisement checks turned off. :)

plop

my sneaky anti adver script uses a different method.
it searches for url's, if found it checks if you say it's a good site, if not it replaces it for the url you pick.
for example the url 2 your own website from the hub.
no disconnect involved, and the advertiser suddenly works for you.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Stravides

well I run a D&D Gaming hub and its as realtime as you can get via chat - The DM should know everything and whilst PM's are not prohibited they need to be seen by the DM...

This is also removed due to censorship

This is also in the MOTD on the hub that ALL PM's are sent via the DM and there are no secrets on the hub
Stravides
For RPG Books, Mp3 & Videos
We host trivia  and the ever failing Smeagolbot

kepp

Guarding    

jiten

Pothead

QuoteOriginally posted by plop
my sneaky anti adver script uses a different method.
it searches for url's, if found it checks if you say it's a good site, if not it replaces it for the url you pick.
for example the url 2 your own website from the hub.
no disconnect involved, and the advertiser suddenly works for you.

plop
Nice. :) Personally i don't care about URL's being advertised, and i don't mind people advertising hubs, as long as they are helping people, and not trying to leech users. :)

Stravides

Quotethats why anti adverting scripts have settings so you can decide which profiles should be filtered.

plop
Quotekepp

lame
Quotejiten

Indeed...

I run Online dungeons and gragons thru one of my hubs and as stated before - I use this PM spy to check the players are playing fair and not trying to go out of bounds with knowledge transfer that their characters would not know ie asking other users for assistance when they would not be otherwise able to get the help in the real world.

hence a pm spy is used and is advertised as such in the MOTD - as far as kepp and jiten's comment go, I do not give a flying about what you think of the code or its usage - it was asked for and therefore I coded as such.. If we just decide to help those coders we agree with here what is the point of this forum..

for christ sake come down from your ivory towers and get with the real world...  Ok so you know how to code... you say you want to help others .. do so...

[rant over]

Having said that this forum would not be what it is without the excellent coding of these individuals...
Stravides

jiten

QuoteOriginally posted by Stravides
I run Online dungeons and gragons thru one of my hubs and as stated before - I use this PM spy to check the players are playing fair and not trying to go out of bounds with knowledge transfer that their characters would not know ie asking other users for assistance when they would not be otherwise able to get the help in the real world.

hence a pm spy is used and is advertised as such in the MOTD - as far as kepp and jiten's comment go, I do not give a flying about what you think of the code or its usage - it was asked for and therefore I coded as such.. If we just decide to help those coders we agree with here what is the point of this forum..

for christ sake come down from your ivory towers and get with the real world...  Ok so you know how to code... you say you want to help others .. do so...

[rant over]

Having said that this forum would not be what it is without the excellent coding of these individuals...
Stravides, it has nothing to do with being in an ivory tower, as I'm not that kinda guy and if I'm here, it's because I like helping.
But, everyone has its own likes and dislikes and I personally don't agree with PM spying and that's why I agreed with what kepp said.
Just to mention, the way u explained what the script was for in this post is very clear and the other one wasn't. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have commented the script posted.

Best regards.

6Marilyn6Manson6

QuoteOriginally posted by jiten
QuoteOriginally posted by Stravides

[rant over]

Stravides, it has nothing to do with being in an ivory tower, as I'm not that kinda guy and if I'm here, it's because I like helping.
But, everyone has its own likes and dislikes and I personally don't agree with PM spying and that's why I agreed with what kepp said.
Just to mention, the way u explained what the script was for in this post is very clear and the other one wasn't. If it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have commented the script posted.

Best regards.

jiten.. you're very stupid ;)

6Marilyn6Manson6

This is also removed due to censorship

This is also in the MOTD on the hub that ALL PM's are sent via the DM and there are no secrets on the hub

It Is INJUSTICE

6Marilyn6Manson6

In Direct Connect don't exist law on the privacy so I do not find condemn script of the Stravides... it is a script like all the others .... see you later ;)

Stravides

Quote[rant over]

Firstly - I attacked the comments not the people to call jiten stupid is so far off the mark thats just laughable...

as I stated in my comment I have great respect for these coders, but found their comments to me unfair..
Stravides

6Marilyn6Manson6

I repeat:

in Direct Connect doesn't exist any privacy law therefore I don't consider fair blaming the Stravides script...It is a script as others...Examine your own conscience..See Ya next time

Madman

QuoteOriginally posted by 6Marilyn6Manson6
I repeat:

in Direct Connect doesn't exist any privacy law therefore I don't consider fair blaming the Stravides script...It is a script as others...Examine your own conscience..See Ya next time

It's common sense... PM = PRIVATE MESSAGE
We suffer in silence, we lurk in the shadows, we kill in the night
Site currently down, ETA of returning online is 2099 ;p

Dessamator

ok then stravides and everybody else, would u like it if the users saw all ur pvt conversations?, if u do, then enable the command for all users, dont leave it only for the OPs,
 if u dont want ppl to have pvts in ur hub just disable it through scripting that would solve that prob,

otherwise ur just being nonsensical !!
Ignorance is Bliss.

jiten

Marylin, I just stated my personal opinion about PM Spying. If u don't like it, it's up to u.

PS: That "stupid" comment of urs was hilarious. Have u seen the "wanna be hacker" thread? It almost made me laugh that much... Btw, why treble posting?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk