What is this?

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

What is this?

Started by bastya_elvtars, 02 June, 2004, 16:18:23

Previous topic - Next topic

bastya_elvtars

Syntax error: attempt to concat local `(null)' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   1:  function `DoCleanUsers' [(none)]
   2:  function `DataArrival' [(none)]

Syntax error: malformed number;
  last token read: `.4' at line 1 in string "return floor(.4 * 6 + .5)"
stack traceback:
   1:  function `dostring' [C]
   2:  function `SetJumbleHint' at line 423 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   3:  function `StartJumblePhrase' at line 325 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   4:  function `StartJumbleGame' at line 166 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   5:  function `DataArrival' at line 92 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']

Syntax error: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
   1:  function `SetJumbleHint' at line 427 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   2:  function `StartJumblePhrase' at line 325 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   3:  function `StartJumbleGame' at line 166 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   4:  function `DataArrival' at line 92 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

NotRabidWombat

What version of PtokaX are you working with? I designed Jumble for TestDrive4 and looks like you're using some newer version of lua that does not like .4 & .5. You may want to try 0.4 and 0.5.

-NotRabidWombat

I like childish behavior. Maybe this post will be deleted next.

bastya_elvtars

thx rabid, but there are other errors

Syntax error: malformed number;
  last token read: `0.4' at line 1 in string "return floor(0.4 * 7 + 0.5)"
stack traceback:
   1:  function `dostring' [C]
   2:  function `SetJumbleHint' at line 423 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   3:  function `StartJumblePhrase' at line 325 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   4:  function `StartJumbleGame' at line 166 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   5:  function `DataArrival' at line 92 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']

Syntax error: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
   1:  function `SetJumbleHint' at line 427 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   2:  function `StartJumblePhrase' at line 325 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   3:  function `StartJumbleGame' at line 166 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
   4:  function `DataArrival' at line 92 [file `D:\Server_Client\px\scripts\Jumble.lua']
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

NotRabidWombat

There is no reason that line should be generating an error in Lua 4.0. However, I have no means to test this newer version of PtokaX so you are out of luck.

Petition for the release of betas!

-NotRabidWombat

bastya_elvtars

grrrrrrr

thx for that, will try it in my testhub that its the only script running... see whats then

bastya_elvtars

Strange it worked before... dunno but guess its a conflict :S

bastya_elvtars

Still doing that when running as a standalone script and resetting to original... :( but ppl demand

NotRabidWombat

PM me the copy of the PtokaX you are using. Hopefully people won't explode at this. "Blah! Blah! Blah! It wasn't released yet."

-NotRabidWombat

[NL]Pur

blah blah 15.25 is half year old

NotRabidWombat

I tried Jumble with 15.25 and it worked fine. You might of done something incorrect in the config file. Try a fresh copy and see if it works.

"blah blah 15.25 is half year old"

Yes, and VERY few scriptors have access to it OR the latest versions. Another reason to release betas.

-NotRabidWombat

bastya_elvtars

thx for looking me, rabid, i must have some scriipt  conflict... no time here to check, so back in september! :(

bastya_elvtars

just browsed this old thread, and now i know the solution

locale has been set in some of my scripts, so it stuffed al others

i tried with it, and got to kill ptokax completely :D

QuoteThe setlocale function gets two string arguments: The locale name and a
category, which specifies what features will be influenced by this locale. There
are six categories of locales: "collate" controls the alphabetic order of strings;
"ctype" controls the types of individual characters (e.g., what is a letter) and
the conversion between lower and upper cases; "monetary" has no influence in
Lua programs; "numeric" controls how numbers are formated; "time" controls
how date and time are formated (i.e., function date); and "all" controls all the
above functions. The default category is "all", so that if you call setlocale
with only the locale name it will set all categories. The setlocale function
returns the locale name, or nil if it fails (usually because the system does not
support the given locale).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk