Microsoft-> Ptokax error

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Microsoft-> Ptokax error

Started by MrBuitenhuizenJunior, 02 November, 2003, 19:09:20

Previous topic - Next topic

MrBuitenhuizenJunior

Hello,

I've got a problem that I can't solve:

-When I'm not using my pc for al while, I get a message from Microsoft that the program (PtokaX) has a problem and have to shut down. (after press   "ok"  I get that annoying message if I would send this error to Microsoft..)

-When this message comes, the Hub isn't working anymore: users at the hub can't talk anymore, users that want to connect see the message: " connection refused by target machine"

- Windows closes the program (Ptokax) and after that I restart Ptokax users in the hub see in mainchat: "connection reset by server"

-Things I have done to try to solve this problem:

-Totally build a new hub (downloaded TD4 and scripts again )
-checked all the internet features in Windows
-removed the new firewall (ZoneAlarm Pro latest version)  and installed a older version.
-checked all " standby options'  and disable them all (again)
-disabled my virus scanner (Norton Antivirus Pro.)
-reading a beautiful poam to my pc, title " my dear pc"

-I have running a second hub, that hasen't got any problems at all.
The only difference between the hubs:
-poort number: Problem Hub: 411, other: 444
-average user number: Problem Hub:70, other: 30
-max users settings: Problem hub: 200, other:100
-the adres: Problem hub: xxxx3.no-ip.com, other: xxxx5.no-ip.com:444

-The hubs are both running on the same pc:
Pentium4, 1,7 Ghz, 256MB ram. - Windows Xp (with only the anti Blaster patch installed, no other upgrades).

-The problem occures only when I'm not using the pc for a while (away /sleeping). I think this problem happends because :  something is full or when something starts that only starts when the pc isn't used for a while.

I hope someone can help me to solve this problem.
See ya,

[NL]MrBuitenhuizen

pHaTTy

Have you lately checked how your memory is doing, and have you also disabled the auto-sleep function in windows

when you leave your computer for a while your memory goes sortof into standby and uses only the memory needed, unfortuantly microsoft, moves it all to the start, and if you memory is on its way out, it will cause errors, i had the same problem, and contacted support, once i throw in a new DDR chip it was fine

on the other hand, what memory have you in?
Is it just a 256 chip or 2 seps

what you can have

2 unbranded <<< NO
2 Branded << Yep
1 unbrand and the other branded << depends on ur mainboard
Resistance is futile!

kepp

Guarding    

pHaTTy

Try this

Run ur usually second hub first, and then boot up your first hub into second and leave a while if the same happens to the first hub, then it most probably cud be a memory problem, wether its virttual memory or live

so you have for example

ptokax1/ptokax.exe    <<< Hub 1
ptokax2/ptokax.exe    <<< Hub 2

So you runned Hub 1 then Hub 2 and hub 1 died

so run the Hub 2 first and then Hub 1 if hub 2 dies because you run that one first yep memory
Resistance is futile!

MrBuitenhuizenJunior

Thnx,

I'm going to try that.

-I've got the original memory inside
-the 2 hubs have always done without any problems (the problem started 1month ago)

Troubadour

otherwise you could try to run the first hub on port 413 and the other on 414 (these ports aren't often used by other software and should be available.
But don't forget to give a different hub adres through your users (like xxx3.no-ip.com:413 and xxx5.no-ip.com:414)

-Troubadour-
Regards,

Troubadour

** Guardian Forum **

hubaddy:   nederfun.no-ip.com

pHaTTy

QuoteOriginally posted by Troubadour
otherwise you could try to run the first hub on port 413 and the other on 414 (these ports aren't often used by other software and should be available.
But don't forget to give a different hub adres through your users (like xxx3.no-ip.com:413 and xxx5.no-ip.com:414)

-Troubadour-

dont think that can be a problem, if they are already running on the error, and if another program goes to use it, it will crash the other prog out or give that prog an error ;)

l8rr,,

-phatz
Resistance is futile!

[ES]latinmusic

Wait there, ptokax uses another port besides the default, the point if i'm not totally sure if the port was 413 for something related to other stuff like mhs server, updates or whatever, since i don't remeber well is that port was used before, peak another one, you can be totally safe between 415 and 419 for instance.
Anyway if ptokax was working till 1 moth ago and stop working, don't look for the problem inside ptokax, excepting ptokax --> the problem could be in all stuff you can imagine.

MrZ

Hia :))

Zitat MrBuitenhuizenJunior:-------------------------------------
I get that annoying message if I would send this error to Microsoft..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
That one is easy :))

To Disable error reporting:
Open Control Panel
Click on Performance and Maintenance.
Click on System.
Then click on the Advanced tab
Click on the error-reporting button on the bottom of the windows.
Select Disable error reporting.
Click OK
Click OK

What i wonder is what is in the "real" error msg you get.. is it access violation ??

I had this, never found out why tho but it stoped. The thing i did found out was that the OS had lost its IP protocol and a disable/enable of the nic was a faster way to get the hub up running the restarting the pc.

Z ya
Always remember that you are unique... just like everyone else :-D

MrBuitenhuizenJunior

Hello all,

Thanks for all the reply's.
Instead of starting Hub 1 and then 2, I now start hub 2 first and then hub 1 (hub 1 uses more momory because it has more users I think...).
Now I haven't got the problem anymore.
Again thnx for the reply's!

See ya,

[NL]MrBuitenhuizen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk