Help with user commands

Help with user commands

Started by satya, 24 January, 2009, 08:57:18

Previous topic - Next topic

satya

As we have %[nick] to get the users nick on wich we click, do we have any such thing to get the ip of the same user.

it will be great if i can get a list of all such vars

thanks

Eyes says everything,
Its on you how u read em...

CrazyGuy

• %[mynick]   your own nick
  • %[nick]      the users nick (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[tag]      the users tag (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[description]   the users description (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[email]   the users email (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[share]   the users sharesize in bytes (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[shareshort]   the users sharesize formatted (works in userlist and search window)
  • %[ip]      the users IP, if given by the hub
  • %[file]      selected filename (works in search window only)
  • %[line:<text>]   opens a popup box allowing you to enter a single line text. The title of the box is what you write for "<text>"

Newer clients support a new set of variables as well, but as they don't work with older clients, it's useless scripting them to be broadcasted to all. The above parameters are standardly implemented if I'm correct.

satya

Great thanks a lot guyss

bt the %[ip] Are u sure dat works cos i tried dat n it doesn works, i checkd the usercommands in the DC settings there for ip %[useri4] was specified. Is this good?

i m just askin as i don know abt it!

thanks

Eyes says everything,
Its on you how u read em...

CrazyGuy

Quote from: satya on 25 January, 2009, 17:55:59
Great thanks a lot guyss

bt the %[ip] Are u sure dat works cos i tried dat n it doesn works, i checkd the usercommands in the DC settings there for ip %[useri4] was specified. Is this good?

i m just askin as i don know abt it!

thanks

%[useri4] I haven't seen before. It may be in that list from new clients.
%[ip] works but only if the hub send you all users IPs on login. Your client need to support UserIP2 for that, plus your profile must be set to allow to receive IPs.

A workaround may be to download the filelist of the person you want to use the UserCommand on first. Sometimes clients update the %[ip] details then with the IP from the p2p connection.

But it's easier to check hubs settings of course ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk