Anti-rmDC++ - Page 3

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

Anti-rmDC++

Started by plop, 28 February, 2005, 17:41:55

Previous topic - Next topic

6Marilyn6Manson6

-
QuoteOriginally posted by Hungarista
Hi people! It's possible to make a script which is DON'T refuse the rmDC clients? Because i use ptokaX 0.3.3.21 with Robocop 10.01e, and they (i dont know which) disconnect the user, who use rmDC, WITHOUT (!!!) a message:
connecting to xxxxxxx.no-ip.org...
disconnected...

(the users can think, that the hub is offline)
The user can't know, that he/she use a buggy client, so i want to get a script, which is enable rmDC  :D
After he come to the hub, i will use the main script, which will warn him/her  ;) )
I hope its possible...
thx
Allow rmDC? The "shit" of client :P

er.nest

why antiRMDC script or something like that ? ... rmdc is fain client. you say buggy client - hmm like some other clones ( versions ) of dc++..

...rm works good for me.. max one crash per mont,... and i can work a download normal, when i ignoring the crash dialog :-) ... from user side is it nice client... no more no less

i am using 403D with ptokax 0.3.3.21...and Robo 10 :-)
( ..i using too Strong and CZ dc++.. very nice and useful both )

but i understand ... if you won't it on your hubs .. its your choice of course :-)
Master of CZech re(s)PUBlica HUB
Autor of Java DC Web client

6Marilyn6Manson6

-
QuoteOriginally posted by er.nest
why antiRMDC script or something like that ? ... rmdc is fain client. you say buggy client - hmm like some other clones ( versions ) of dc++..

...rm works good for me.. max one crash per mont,... and i can work a download normal, when i ignoring the crash dialog :-) ... from user side is it nice client... no more no less

i am using 403D with ptokax 0.3.3.21...and Robo 10 :-)
( ..i using too Strong and CZ dc++.. very nice and useful both )

but i understand ... if you won't it on your hubs .. its your choice of course :-)

I don't know if anyone here cares, but RMDC++ isn't obeying the GPL copyright because they don't give out the source with there binary. Thats in my opinion a very good reason to block this client.

c ya

er.nest

ooh ...this :-)

of course ...this can be result of obeying GPL. I know all about this problem ( i remember it very good ) ... and there isnt way to solve that - rmdc is discontinued - ...but that what i saying is taken from user side ... when come user and he simply using rm .. he know nothing about things like GPL and for user like thisone is rmdc one older client with some useful features... and some bugs ( ... like i sayd berfore ... is it stabil at 85% )...  this problem is very old and if someone wont use discontinued client ... i mean why not .. he dont hurt other users on hub ... and cause rmdc is past i mean.

so there is then few questions ... its needed to spend energy to stop this old client ? is this job for Masters ( whos isnt damaged by obeying GPL )  to stop rm with scripts or job for damaged programers or some law institut ?

sorry for ... one little off topic

bastya_elvtars

-
so there is then few questions ... its needed to spend energy to stop this old client ? is this job for Masters ( whos isnt damaged by obeying GPL )  to stop rm with scripts or job for damaged programers or some law institut?

This is not about GPL. RMDC has bugs that PtokaX cannot tolerate, this is bad luck.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

er.nest

maybe ... :-) .. for many users isnt ptokax now reachable

yeh ... bastya_elvtars you saying true - bugs on connection part of program ( and i still dont know which is it ... on capture of comunication is all ok if i know ... but to this tema i can debate with ppk again :-)

... hehe ... one "but" more - other hubsofts havn't problem with "buggy client" and older ptokax too .. :-) is this problem so big ... or is it only way how to block :-)

Tw?sT?d-d?v

-

yeh ... bastya_elvtars you saying true - bugs on connection part of program ( and i still dont know which is it ... on capture of comunication is all ok if i know ... but to this tema i can debate with ppk again :-)

... hehe ... one "but" more - other hubsofts havn't problem with "buggy client" and older ptokax too .. :-) is this problem so big ... or is it only way how to block :-)

Debate it with PPK all you want ..Untill PPK thinks it isnt a buggy client he not gonna allow it to get in ptokax hubs :P

blackwings

-

the difference between the latest ptokax and ynhub  and other hubs, is that ptokax purposly doesn't allow any kinds of bugs it can find in the info sent to the hub. The reason is to force people to leave the old buggy clients and upgrade to new clients ;)

Stravides

Thats all well and good, but
[11:22:57] *** Connecting to rpgbooks-cymru.no-ip.org:412...
- [11:22:58] *** Connected
- [11:23:00] *** Disconnected

is not handled very well is it... can you please look to input a message - sorry Client Banned from this Hub - please change your client

otherwise users may think your hub to be deceased !

I am asking this as there are a lot of users that use this client including myself in the hub.  

You have gone to the trouble of banning this client - I agree with the why, but please can you add a little message so that the users are in no way confused as to WHY they cannot get in.

regards
Stravides
For RPG Books, Mp3 & Videos
We host trivia  and the ever failing Smeagolbot

Thor

-
QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
Why the hell do you want to allow rmDC? It never worked normally here.
Because i want more user :-)  The maker of the PtokaX have right, that is a buggy client, so the hub have to ban it, but when the user is being banned, ha want to get a banmessage =)
Connecting...
Disconnect...
Its not a banmessage i think. So it will be very good, that in the PtokaX 0.3.3.3 i see it:
Connecting...
You have a buggy client (rmDC), please change it and reconnect!
Disconnected...

I said it: we know, that rmDC is a shit, but the users don't...

6Marilyn6Manson6

-
QuoteIts not a banmessage i think. So it will be very good, that in the PtokaX 0.3.3.3 i see it:
Connecting...
You have a buggy client (rmDC), please change it and reconnect!
Disconnected...

Mm no, This is exact:

Connecting...
You have a shit client (rmDC), please change it and reconnect!
Disconnected...

:P c ya

Stravides

-
QuoteOriginally posted by 6Marilyn6Manson6
Mm no, This is exact:

Connecting...
Disconnected...

Irrelevant what you think of the client - we accept it is banned, but a litle more error friendly response is needed. 

Also I do not believe that profanity is required in the hubsoft - it was bad enough with your ass is banned - do not need any more of this ilk.

I think a generic message to change the client would be better.
Stravides

6Marilyn6Manson6

-
QuoteOriginally posted by Stravides
Mm no, This is exact:

Connecting...
Disconnected...

Irrelevant what you think of the client - we accept it is banned, but a litle more error friendly response is needed. 

Also I do not believe that profanity is required in the hubsoft - it was bad enough with your ass is banned - do not need any more of this ilk.

I think a generic message to change the client would be better.

Spiace to contradict to me to you but rmDC it deserves this message because it does not respect the GNU General Public License. c ya

Stravides

-

Spiace to contradict to me to you but rmDC it deserves this message because it does not respect the GNU General Public License. c ya

Spiace - sorry doesnt compute

As far as the Client deserving it thats one thing - the user using it - NO !!  Thats like slagging off users who use microsoft because bill gates is allegedly a knob ???

There should be no need to resort to defamatory messages for client usage
Stravides

PPK

-
and i still dont know which is it ... on capture of comunication is all ok if i know
I know, is hard to see this bug... :D
    while(sData != NULL && sData[0] != NULL) {
        if((cTemp = strchr(sData, ' ')) != NULL) {
            cTemp[0] = NULL;
            cTemp++;
        }

switch(sData[0]) {
            case 'N':
                // Supports starting with N
                break;
            case 'Q':
                // Supports starting with Q
                break;
            case 'U':
                // Supports starting with U
                break;
            case 'B':
                // Supports starting with B
                break;
            case 0: {
                // PPK ... corrupted $Supports ???
                int imsgLen = sprintf(msg, "[SYS] Bad $Supports from %s (%s) - user closed.", curUser->Nick, curUser->IP);
                UdpDebug->Broadcast(msg, imsgLen);
                curUser->Close();
                return;
            }
            default:
                // PPK ... unknown supports
                break;
        }

sData = cTemp;
    }

Client send corrupted supports and is disconnected :rolleyes:
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

6Marilyn6Manson6

PPK I love you LOL

Stravides

-
QuoteOriginally posted by PPK
and i still dont know which is it ... on capture of comunication is all ok if i know
I know, is hard to see this bug... :D
    while(sData != NULL && sData[0] != NULL) {
        if((cTemp = strchr(sData, ' ')) != NULL) {
            cTemp[0] = NULL;
            cTemp++;
        }

switch(sData[0]) {
            case 'N':
                // Supports starting with N
                break;
            case 'Q':
                // Supports starting with Q
                break;
            case 'U':
                // Supports starting with U
                break;
            case 'B':
                // Supports starting with B
                break;
            case 0: {
                // PPK ... corrupted $Supports ???
                int imsgLen = sprintf(msg, "[SYS] Bad $Supports from %s (%s) - user closed.", curUser->Nick, curUser->IP);
                UdpDebug->Broadcast(msg, imsgLen);
                curUser->Close();
                return;
            }
            default:
                // PPK ... unknown supports
                break;
        }

sData = cTemp;
    }

Client send corrupted supports and is disconnected :rolleyes:

But can you send client a message before disconnect ?? I do not know - that is why I ask - I do not need fascetious commentary, just an answer please..

regards

Stravides
Stravides

Naithif

Hi all

Well, GDC++ (based on StrongRC9f2) also breaks GPL as not releasing the source
(and also VERY buggy too  ::) )
Link: www.glesius.it
Anybody knows a way to block it? ;D

Thor

I cant download it from the link, maybe if you send me it to see how it send myinfo, or maybe it has an own tag (the easiest way :D)

Pothead

Pretty sure is has sommit like
glesius.it
in it's description. :)

Cêñoßy†ê

Quote from: Pothead on 08 August, 2006, 15:44:38
Pretty sure is has sommit like
glesius.it
in it's description. :)

Description:      [/]-=VirtualHub.it=- & -=Glesius.it=-
Tag:         <GDc++    V:1.00 RC9,M:A,H:11/0/0,S:8>