long Register Hublists line gets cut off.

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

long Register Hublists line gets cut off.

Started by eagle00789, 06 April, 2008, 02:20:35

Previous topic - Next topic

eagle00789

When using many hublists in the hublists register box, they get cut-off. i tried using this:
Quoteallhublista.myip.hu;allhubs.myip.hu;amt.ath.cx;ancsa.myip.hu;arial.myip.hu;axljab.homelinux.org;b-52.no-ip.org;bdh.sytes.net;beach.no-ip.org;biblioteka.nm.ru;bladenet.hu;braclist.sytes.net;bracnet.sytes.net;bwhubreg.no-ip.info;chips-hublist.myip.hu;cplusplus.unas.cz;cs4b33.myftp.org;cyberhublist.no-ip.org;dc.wikfall.se;dc-center.sytes.net;dchelp.no-ip.org;dchublist.dyn.hu;dchublist.myip.hu;dcinfo.dynu.com;dcinfo.dynu.com;dcinfo.org;dcinfo.sytes.net;dclist.eu;deadworld.dyn.hu;demo.dixbot.com;digitalbrains.com;elite-hublist.sytes.net;finhublist.no-ip.org;freenfo.net;galy.szm.sk;ghostface.asgards.org;guinevere.no-ip.org;hazafi.sytes.net;hub2list.no-ip.info;hubdc.org;hubinfo.myip.hu;hublist.awenet.org;hublist.cz;hublist.djinncity.net;hublist.dreamland-net.eu;hublist.org;hublist.uknnet.com;hublist.xboss.ro;hublist.zapto.org;hublista.myip.hu;hublista.sytes.net;hubreg.myip.hu;hubs-list.com;idiota.sytes.net;imperialnet.org;info.dchub.hu;infohubreg.no-ip.org;kns.sytes.net;koris.sytes.net;kuszi.myftp.org;ld.yi.org;listadehubs.no-ip.com;listadinamica.no-ip.org;llhublista.myip.hu;maxweb.no-ip.com;metalhublist.sytes.net;neo-modus.com;nevienc.sytes.net;no1hublist.ath.cx;olimpo.no-ip.com;p2pitalia.com;pankeey.uw.hu;paz.pl;pocmin.sourceforge.net;publichublist-nl.no-ip.org;publiclist.no-ip.com;ranlistreg.sytes.net;reg.ancient.pl;reg.hublist.nu;reg.hublist.org;reg-dchublist.no-ip.org;reg-residentlist.no-ip.org;serv.hubs-list.com;setubal.fw.nu;shadownet.sytes.net;shadownet.sytes.net;shadows.myip.hu;shadows.myip.hu;stageline.try.hu;thomace.myip.hu;thomace.myip.hu;us.hublist.org;vandel405.dynip.com;web16.denver010.server4free.de;wza.digitalbrains.com;xboss.ro;zengeday.sytes.net;zpoc.com
but all i got was this:
Quoteallhublista.myip.hu;allhubs.myip.hu;amt.ath.cx;ancsa.myip.hu;arial.myip.hu;axljab.homelinux.org;b-52.no-ip.org;bdh.sytes.net;beach.no-ip.org;biblioteka.nm.ru;bladenet.hu;braclist.sytes.net;bracnet.sytes.net;bwhubreg.no-ip.info;chips-hublist.myip.hu;cplusplus.unas.cz;cs4b33.myftp.org;cyberhublist.no-ip.org;dc.wikfall.se;dc-center.sytes.net;dchelp.no-ip.org;dchublist.dyn.hu;dchublist.myip.hu;dcinfo.dynu.com;dcinfo.dynu.com;dcinfo.org;dcinfo.sytes.net;dclist.eu;deadworld.dyn.hu;demo.dixbot.com;digitalbrains.com;elite-hublist.sytes.net;finhublist.no-ip.org;freenfo.net;galy.szm.sk;ghostface.asgards.org;guinevere.no-ip.org;hazafi.sytes.net;hub2list.no-ip.info;hubdc.org;hubinfo.myip.hu;hublist.awenet.org;hublist.cz;hublist.djinncity.net;hublist.dreamland-net.eu;hublist.org;hublist.uknnet.com;hublist.xboss.ro;hublist.zapto.org;hublista.myip.hu;hublista.sytes.net;hubreg.myip.hu;hubs-list.com;idiota.sytes.net;imperialnet.org;info.dchub.hu;infohubreg.no-ip.org;kns.sytes.net;koris.sytes.net;kuszi.myftp.org;ld.yi.org;li
it would be great if you can enter as much hublists as you need. (possibly make a seperate screen for it with a list to add, edit and delete them from. in the settings.xml file, they would all be combined to the current writing. you just need to split them on ; and on save, you combine them with ; and all is working like it should :D

eagle00789

for me it isn't a ridiculous ammount, but hey, that's me. i just want to be registered with as many hublists as possible, to get my hub know with as much hublists as possible. i still have around 250 hublists here wich i need to add, but they get cut off. (atleast 0.4.0.0e does)

Gnuff?

What are you trying to prove with so many hublists??

Sounds a little like ExtreeM who want?s to use TOPhubbers and still wanna see the 200 most online users :)
Gnuff

eagle00789

1. to find bugs in ptokax (like this)
2 to get as many users to my hub

Gnuff?

As far as i kow, people use maybe 5 of them at the best of times
Gnuff

eagle00789

just to make something clear:
i'm a programmer myself (i wrote a program called the Toolbar Uninstaller) and it simultaniously searches for 25 toolbars out of a list of currently more then 2500 (this is a currenly unreleased version). so what would be the trouble when using a bit more hublists then usual. just apen a new thread on starting of the hub in wich the registration is handled. (or 2 threads)

amenay

It's entirely nonsensical having attempting to register on so many hublists, a good many of them are dead in the first place. Second, as mentioned before most users don't even use half of these hublists in their client. (and a lot of these hublists index other hublists) Get the UDP debug tool check out how many of these lists aren't even responding..Also watch your CPU usage for each hublist registration, the faster the hublist regserver responds the less CPU time you'll have (hint: it registers every 15 minutes) I personally keep a large list and use a Lua console script to check which one's still have active DNSs, then check UDP debug every so often to keep an eye on the remaining ones.  But really, hublist registering isn't even going to do much for your hub, but if you want to be thorough, do it right, and take your time.. Don't request for PPK to muck up the hubsoft for everyone else.

end rant.

PS: RTFM

Quote7   - Hublist register servers. Max length 1024.

PPK

Quote from: eagle00789 on 06 April, 2008, 02:20:35
it would be great if you can enter as much hublists as you need
I'm 100 % sure that you not need at least 90 % of lists you posted, because they reg servers not working :P
Some of them looks like joke.. ie. zpoc.com ... zpoc users can't enter dc hub because zpoc use modified dc protocol that is not compatible with original dc protocol. vandel405.dynip.com that's original nmdc reg server, death for years. hublist.org theyr reg server is death for years.. etc.
PtokaX have limit for good reason...
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Gnuff?

reg.hublist.org was actually up last year for a very short time again, but i agree, it?s dead now :)
Gnuff

PPK

Quote from: Gnuff? on 06 April, 2008, 03:35:26
reg.hublist.org was actually up last year for a very short time again, but i agree, it?s dead now :)
hublist.org web pages sometimes yes, but i don't seen regserver working in that time. Always connection refused ::)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Gnuff?

Quote from: PPK on 06 April, 2008, 03:38:17
hublist.org web pages sometimes yes, but i don't seen regserver working in that time. Always connection refused ::)

It worked better for me a few weeks than dchublist does now.

My uptime eg. is dropping but is always online, there i must say the cz hublist is more relieable now.
Gnuff

Thor

There is a program, called hublist checker, google it, and check your addresses. All myip.hu address is offline now, because myip.hu temporary(?) paused their services. But, that program will show you which works and which not :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk