one user cant fully connect

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

one user cant fully connect

Started by xiaman, 17 October, 2007, 02:20:38

Previous topic - Next topic

xiaman

I have a hub running with 40 users logged in
one user cant fully connect . he shows on the user list but on his machine he shows as the only user.
stays for about 3 minutes then drops off then loggs in again but not fully logged in..
he can connect to other hubs but just not mine..
oh i have also moved the hub to another computer in the house and the same thing..
does anyone have any ideas

thanks

speedX

Your hub is a lan hub or an internet hub??
Thanking You,

speedX

xiaman

i host on my pc at home going though a router with ports forwarded then thought broadband modem to internet.

CrazyGuy

What client is this particular user using ?

xiaman

CrazyGuy

I haven't heard from this last client, but you're saying this user has used different clients.
There's a few things you can check to see what goes wrong.

In PtokaX, go to Users/Chat and check the box for CMD
All incomming protocol commands from every user will show in the window.
Have the user login and see what information he sends to PtokaX.

Another tool you can use is the PtokaX UDP-Debugger (search for it on this board)
Once you started up the PtokaX Debugger, click the Listen button (don't change the port number !)
Then in your hub, type in mainchat  !debug 422
PtokaX will reply you are subscribed for debug messages in mainchat, and when you look in the Debugger you should have a tab with your hubname.
Click on that tab.
PtokaX will report any errors/disconnect reasons in that window.

These 2 windows will provide you with all the information you need.
If you cannot figure out what is wrong, you can paste the relevant info here as a reply, so we can have a look at it

xiaman

ok didn't see a debugger to download but ptokax has one build in. run the build in debugger said that it was started .
but no messages came up in the main chat.

took this from ptokax with cmd checked

[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 TTHSearch ZPipe0 GetZBlock |
[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Key t??? A ????01@? ?g?/%DCN096%/ ?p?W???q?b#PC?p|
[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $ValidateNick [VIP]CRAZYHYPA|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $MyPass %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Version 1,0091|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $GetNickList|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $MyINFO $ALL [VIP]CRAZYHYPA <++ V:0.694,M:A,H:0/2/0,S:5>$ $0.005$$41097708827$|

[18:23] x User removed: [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (Socket 648)

%%%  is to marsk his IP

CrazyGuy

Quote from: xiaman on 19 October, 2007, 02:55:36
ok didn't see a debugger to download but ptokax has one build in. run the build in debugger said that it was started .
but no messages came up in the main chat.

took this from ptokax with cmd checked

[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Supports UserCommand NoGetINFO NoHello UserIP2 TTHSearch ZPipe0 GetZBlock |
[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Key t??? A ????01@? ?g?/%DCN096%/ ?p?W???q?b#PC?p|
[18:21] <unknown> (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $ValidateNick [VIP]CRAZYHYPA|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $MyPass %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $Version 1,0091|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $GetNickList|
[18:21] [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (82.%%%.%%%.43) > $MyINFO $ALL [VIP]CRAZYHYPA <++ V:0.694,M:A,H:0/2/0,S:5>$ $0.005$$41097708827$|

[18:23] x User removed: [VIP]CRAZYHYPA (Socket 648)

%%%  is to marsk his IP

This information is from PtokaX Users/Chat side.
The Debugger you will need to figure out the rest, I can't find anything wrong with this.
Btw, I think you misread a small piece : The debugger will not throw messages in main, but keeps it in the debugger.
Here's the link for it --> http://board.ptokax.ath.cx/index.php?topic=6399.0

P.S, i masked out the password for ya as well ;)

bastya_elvtars

IMO it would be better to use clients that support the _DC_ protocol.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

Snooze

By the looks of the handshake this is not a $UserIP issue, as it would result in a instant disconnect.
My money is on a sadly/badly modded client doing a flawed handshake or a script blocking.

/Snooze

PPK

Imo it is because that user have very slow connection. 0.005 mbps is something under 1 kB/s :o
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

CrazyGuy

lol

OR, we wait for the Debugger to show us results  ;D

xiaman

ok ran the debugger  and it didn't show any errors so i'm thinking he is getting disconnected not by ptokax .
either something isn't right with his internet connectiom or mine. he is from france so may be his isp is disconnecting him in some way. i was reading about france not liking 411 port

thanks for all your input

bastya_elvtars

Then get him to try another port. This smells like traffic shaping, though. He should sit there fingers crossed, hoping that shaping is port-based and not Layer7.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

CrazyGuy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk