The Games v1.0.0RC1

The Games v1.0.0RC1

Started by CrazyGuy, 29 May, 2008, 23:54:46

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyGuy

The Games is a script which manages a set of games and keeps tracks of player stats and credits.
Version 1.0.0RC1 is compatible with PtokaX (all LUA 5.1.x versions) as well as with HexHub v5.01j using HexScript 1.0.0.4
Future versions will also include compatibility for Verlihub.
In TheGames\Games folder you will find a textfile which will hold an API for writing your own games.
Currently 3 games are added:

• BlackJack
  • TicTacToe
  • Solitaire

Since this is a beta, there may be errors.
Please report those here.
And if you'd write a game, please share that too  ;D

Attached a file to extract to your scripts folder

CrazyGuy

I'm not quite sure why no1 reported errors yet. I myself have found and fixed 4 already  :-\
Check the folder TheGames\Saves for errors.txt

I'd really like to know if there are more errors before making a release.

CrazyGuy

This patch is a fix of the failure of loading games when the installation path has spaces in it.
Thnx to Madman for reporting this issue.
Note: this fix has been tested on Win32 systems. I do not know if it works for Posix platforms.
Place this Games.dat file in your Scripts\TheGames folder, overwriting the old file.

CrazyGuy

quicky2g

I checked the error log and got this message after playing TicTacToe:

[tPlayers.Functions.Init] C:/0.4.1.1/scripts/TheGames/Saves/Stats.dat: No such file or directory

I also got this message after playing BlackJack:

[PtokaX] BlackJack.tg:107: attempt to perform arithmetic on field '?' (a nil value)

I noticed that there are alot of messages sent to the mainchat when games are going on or after they are finished. It would be really nice if you built in some functionality to choose what messages we would like to allow or not allow in mainchat. For example, I like the idea of sending a message to the mainchat to let people know there's a game going on and they can join or watch. I don't like the win notification and I would like to turn it off. Other people might want the complete opposite of me so some sort of choice for each person who uses this script would be nice. Thanks!

CrazyGuy

Okay, will add that in the next version, thanks :)

CrazyGuy

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 14 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

;D That's why I thought I should write something.
The project is not dead, I've just been very busy with other things although I have done some work on it.
Adding multi language support, which was requested, required a rewrite of almost everything.
I can't promise when exactly I'll finish the release of this script (I don't see any reason for further RC versions) just that I will release an update.
Here's the changelog so far.

TheGames Changelog

RC2
Fixed:      BlackJack:   !start no longer restarts an ongoing game
Fixed:      TicTacToe:   !start no longer restarts an ongoing game
Fixed:      Solitaire:      moving King to empty stack did not move card(s) under it
Fixed:      Solitaire:      Viewers received double messages after game !restart
Fixed:      TheGames:   !reloadgame not working on PtokaX *nix-versions (thnx Blade)
Fixed:      TheGames:   games failed to load when spaces are encountered in path (thnx Madman)
Fixed:      TheGames:   Syntax error in message reporting script start failure :P
Fixed:      TheGames:   Syntax error on !borrow <string> (thnx Nillan)
Added:      Gaming API:   3 new mandatory fields regarding language. bLangFile,sGameLanguage and tGameLanguage (see API)
Added:      Gaming API:   3 language related functions: GetHubLanguage(), GetUserLanguage(sNick) and
               GetLanguageString(sGameName,sString,sNick)  see API for more details
Added:      TheGames:   language files support (requested by vanelus and sphinx)
Added:      TheGames:   language related commands: !setlanguage !hublanguage !reloadlanguage    (see !gamehelp)
Added:      TheGames:   !reloadgame also reloads the language files belonging to that specific game
Added:      TicTacToe:   Multi-language support
Added:      Solitaire:      missing !rules command

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk