DCDM++ - Page 7

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

DCDM++

Started by AlwaysConected, 24 June, 2004, 08:24:53

Previous topic - Next topic

RiTARD

I am using active mode properly..
and the protected users-thing->
I write their full nick in there :).. because their using different prefixes and stuf.. i.ex. [Lame]RiTARD -DUMP-1- and so on.. :p

Cya at the Special Olympics

RiTARD

hehe now that I had the will to read it it did make som sense :P..
so if my crippled head understood this right it should look something like this " ^\Badger$ ^\-DUMP-1-$ "
? :)
I didn't find a "command" for the "-" so i guess i dont need "\" infront of each of them?

I have tested it now.. and it works flawless.. :)..
but their is still this connection problem with the client (only occurs from time to time).. guess I'll have to try my luck in that other forum then..

Cya at the Special Olympics

catwo

Hi i have DCDM++ V0.041.  I have followed the setup guide here http://www.ukdnb.dsl.pipex.com/guide/start.htm all is fine except i have nothing showing in main chat its completly empty.  Am i missing something or have i got one of the settings wrong.  Any help greatley appreciated.

bastya_elvtars

maybe formatting_settings.txt is badly configured

OR

dcdm still has that weird bug - does it dl lists properly?
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

catwo

Thanks for reply bastya_elvtars.  Yes it downloads lists no problems at all, it does everything its supposed to except nothing shows up in main chat.

morpheus_rfc

DCDM excellent tool, been using it a fair while here without any probs and its nice, just one small niggle which has arisen in the last 2 weeks.. no client update, is there another update address as well as fin-overclocking ?? or is it just a case of waiting till the servers back online...

n1ck

dcuk.direct-connect.co.uk

**compiled bots are like what microsoft is to open source!**

morpheus_rfc

Nice one n1ck, new addy works wonders, many thanks :)

n1ck

Seems to have a few difference's but yeah its ok!

bastya_elvtars

dont forget to edit it unless you wanna ban ppl with upload limiting  :))
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

n1ck

Yes i do wanna kick/ban people with upload limiting! Kinda goes against the principle of sharing does it not?

Typhoon

that depends on how bad the limit is ;o) ..

i only have a 512kb upload so my limit is set too 45 , then i still have the possibility to surf the net without lagging (thx for adsl ) ...  
too high upload kills my download , so a small limit there and all are happy :o)  

Happy New Year

Typhoon?

n1ck

*coughs* i only have 256kb upload. Guess it all depends on what you are willing to give up.

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by n1ck
*coughs* i only have 256kb upload. Guess it all depends on what you are willing to give up.

you need upload. for browsing you DO upload as well

you send requests etc.

limit is needed with half duplex... ok first install qos packet scheduler and cfosspeed but still...

and policy like yours made netlimiter spread. so if you are being chased by a motorcycle, do not jump under a train.

think this over, this is not malignancy, but a compie runs other things beside dc++ too...

n1ck

Totally lost with what you are on about bastya_elvtars ? i dont netlimit, nor do i jump under trains!

bastya_elvtars

but if you disallow bcdc limiter, what will ppl start to use to limit?

imby

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars

BCDC in DC++ mode?

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by imby
QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars

BCDC in DC++ mode?

yea. or the other 1.

whatever they use: we suck cause i can dl with 900 B/s (I have 100Mbit) cause of hidden limiters.

but the hubowners can be glad that no1 is limiting.  X(

n1ck

But if you disallow ANYTHING with limiting properties, this includes bcdc, then people will soon get the message not to use them.

bastya_elvtars

But if you disallow ANYTHING with limiting properties, this includes bcdc, then people will soon get the message not to use them.

yes but BCDC++ can be made undetectable.

imby

Well either way, people can find a way to abuse limiting whether you allow the clients or not. So i'd rather not condone the use of these clients and i gather that 90% of users will see no need to limit ridiculously low in order to cheat. I'm sure that percentage would be pretty much the same whether they did it with the clients or hidden externally so i don't suppose it matters. It's not like these clients solve any problems: I gather a lot of people with these clients and a connection something like 512/256 limit to 128 Kbit upload BECAUSE THEY CAN which isn't fair either, it should be 85% of your upload speed.

n1ck

I agree - the 'average' user picks up his info on clients from other users, and if he see's people being kicked for 'netlimiter' or 'bcdc/czdc client, he wont bother using them!

bastya_elvtars

I agree - the 'average' user picks up his info on clients from other users, and if he see's people being kicked for 'netlimiter' or 'bcdc/czdc client, he wont bother using them!

and will be disappointed seeing upload speed compared to download.

??????Hawk??????

B/W limiting  shouldnt be such an issue

employ good ops to periodicly check uses and  disconnect them if there speed is an unacceptable level.

and  BLOCK  all  clients that have the option to limit undetected.
and block Scripted clients from None Ops.

??????Hawk??????

n1ck

Totally agree with ya Hawk. People will soon realise not to use these things!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk