LUA scripts and other hubsofts??

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

LUA scripts and other hubsofts??

Started by Saivert, 22 April, 2005, 21:18:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Saivert

What about LUA scripts (mostly versjon 5) and other hub software? I know for a fact that not only PtokaX is the one to support LUA in some form. DCH++'s LuaScript plugin is another great implementation of the LUA language for use in hub software.

I hope someone gets serious about this and changes the board logo from:

QuoteLUA Scripts
The PtokaX script resources
to:
QuoteLUA Scripts
The LUA script resources
or something other suitable for a more generic LUA board.

??????Hawk??????

Hi m8 ..  

you should maby ask the devs of Such hub softs to create their own  Lua support boards  ..  

I had dch++ for quite a while  and  had my script  80 % converted to its  API.. only a few of the security command were left to convert.

BUT  pms to the Developers go  mostly Un-noticed

and the only place i could contact them was in the  Devs public hub  where i continually got kicked for  " not contributing to main chat "
  and  ...  GET THIS  --->  " NOT CONTRIBUTING TO DC IN ANY WAY "   PMSL..

curent D/l count of XN   Downloaded:  3103 Time(s)  <----- if thats not some sort of contribution to dc  then  WTF is

Any way  Suffice to say   i dont live in there any more..

you should move over to Ptokax m8 ..  the support is  110%  for Scripting  and the Hub soft...

??????Hawk??????

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Saivert
DCH++
NMDC version DCH++ is not really released, is unfinished, very cpu hungry, unstable (on windows is reported crashing with more than 1500 users) and no more developed ... any good reason why you want to write scripts for this ?( :D
And btw "ADC Devs" don't like this forum ;)
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by PPK

Let's not discuss this rather. They may have their own reasons, but they can behave a very dumbass way anyway.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

imby

NMDC version DCH++

?(

Quattro

DCH++
NMDC version DCH++ is not really released, is unfinished, very cpu hungry, unstable (on windows is reported crashing with more than 1500 users) and no more developed ... any good reason why you want to write scripts for this ?( :D
In reaction to this
DCH++ is not nmdc hub first of all..
Second... there is a forum online...
It's not very big yet.
But our main problem is that DCH++ only is released through svn, and most people don't know how to use svn or VS...
But there is support for dch you just have to know where to find it...

Check my sig for the addy
quattro-place.no-ip.com:1418
PtokaX DC Hub 0.3.3.0 build 17.09 Not Running :(
wdp10.no-ip.info:1412
DCH++ v1.0-Release (Plugin API v1.0) Special Quattro? Build
For DCH scripting and plugins

Daywalker

ehm....well....what can i say....auch :(

Replying to the other posts above...
Get in the night....Walk out the day :evil:

my hubs:
****v^^v**UNITED OP\'s**v^^v****
operators-lounge.servebeer.com:412
wdp9.no-ip.info:511
nl-dc-hub-2.no-ip.org

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
Maybe you have another DCH++ ... but if really is your DCH++ not nmdc compatible hub then is here no reason to support it by scripts :D
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

bastya_elvtars

QuoteOriginally posted by Quattro
Maybe you have another DCH++ ... but if really is your DCH++ not nmdc compatible hub then is here no reason to support it by scripts :D

Maybe all scripters will die of hunger when ADC spreads? :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PPK

QuoteOriginally posted by bastya_elvtars
Maybe all scripters will die of hunger when ADC spreads? :D
ADC is bad joke :D

Saivert

DCH++ is NMDC compatible. It follows the stadard NMDC protocol. DCH++ is a new software written by Sedulus and ArneTheDuck that runs as a NT service/console application on Windows XP and as a service/console application on Linux.

It supports plugins (written in C++) and LUA scripts through the use of a specially written LuaScript plugin. The plugins runs much musch faster than a LUA script since it is compiled code and DCH++ can handle lots of users (at least v1.0).

I had no problems compiling it using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 because the project files for Visual Stuido .NET 2003 is included with the source. I also compiled it successfully on Linux (Fedora Core 3) using the included bootstrap and configure script.

SVN is easy to use and the DCH++ part of the DCPlusPlus (the client) forums provided me with a batch file that checked out  all of the DCH++ files to my local harddrive.

If someone want's DCH++ in compiled form (for Windows XP) you can e-mail me and I will help you out.

I run a hub using DCH++ here:  saivert.no-ip.com:1411  for test purposes.

I find DCH++ very easy to work with because it is so simple in it's design yet so extensible. I'm used to write plugins for Winamp, and the plugin interface in DCH++ instantly appealed to me.

When DCH++ starts supporting the ADC protocol, we can talk business. This will probably be in v 2.0 of DCH++ because ADC support needs modifications to the core.

imby

how will adc affect DC?

PPK

If someone want's DCH++ in compiled form (for Windows XP) you can e-mail me and I will help you out.
Please read license from DCH++, you are not allowed to distribute compiled binary if you don't have "prior permission" from arnetheduck ;)
When DCH++ starts supporting the ADC protocol, we can talk business. This will probably be in v 2.0 of DCH++ because ADC support needs modifications to the core.
DCH++ is dead project...
Quote[2005-02-06 00:01:23] dch++ has evolved to adchpp now =)

QuoteOriginally posted by imby
how will adc affect DC?
All clients and hubs need rewrite of protocol part... for nothing. ADC is like nmdc protocol, only fixes few small problems and big problems always have :rolleyes:

imby

Please read license from DCH++, you are not allowed to distribute compiled binary if you don't have "prior permission" from arnetheduck ;)
DCH++ is dead project...
Quote[2005-02-06 00:01:23] dch++ has evolved to adchpp now =)

how will adc affect DC?
All clients and hubs need rewrite of protocol part... for nothing. ADC is like nmdc protocol, only fixes few small problems and big problems always have :rolleyes:

Some how I got the impression that ADC protocoll was some magical thing that would allow a 300 user hub to become a 1500 one in terms of bandwidth consumption :rolleyes:

Saivert

People who create filesharingprograms are so afraid of *their* rights being violated (re: I was not allowed to distribute DCH++ binaries) but they create software that allow people to share movies illegally (and thus violating movie company copyrights). So I can see double standards here.

If I want to distribute DCH++ in compiled form (even create my own installer for it) no one can stop me. I can even redesign the code so ArneTheDuck don't even recognize it and all he can do is to ban me from several places but I still don't care. I can be a jerk and flame ArneTheDuck all I want but it will not prove anything.

I am not saying that I will distribute DCH++ binaries and or an installer, but I know I can do it if i please.

So please take some valium/prozac and calm down. Damn paranoid people.

I will however be very helpful in aiding people so they can compile their own version of DCH++. This is much better solution as it teaches people a little more about how the hubsoftware is designed and how should be set up.

If ArneTheDuck and Sedulus reopens the DCH++ forum (I got a backup forum here: http://inthegray.com/saivert/forum.php?lng=en&cat=4) it will be easier to follow the news about DCH++ (or ADCH++ as it is called now, what a silly name incorporating the protocol in the hubname - It's Direct Connect anyway no matter how you spell it).

??????Hawk??????

Posted in another thread a while ago...

ok  first of all follow the instruction and SVN  the source to a folder of your choice

Download SVN  here    

download and include these in VS

WTL 7.1   Click Download Now  

Download Stlport46.2 from here         click the    ' Things needed for compiling '

Create a folder wtl7.1 and another Stlport46.2, extract/install the files you have downloaded into the relevant folders.

Within VS net 2003, Tools -> Options -> Projects -> VC++ Directories, In right hand corner, drop down box select -> include files.

Open new line from icon below drop down box and browse to the Wtl folder, click open and repeat for the Stl folder.

debug and compile away

your compiled version will be in the app folder

copy and edit   dchpp.xml file over to the config folder

for lua 5 script support  youll need to add the plug in:-

LuaScript.dll

and the code
LuaScript
added to the dchpp.xml  file

and youll need the  LuaScript.xml file in the config folder and edited for the scripts your going to use..

Now youve finally got it running  try it,  Get bored of it, dont expect any support,

and finally  Delete it and run Ptokax   :P  :P  :P  :P

??????Hawk??????

Pothead

DCH++ doesn't require WTL (or it didn't last time i compiled it, unless they added a GUI now).

*** Edit ***
QuoteOriginally posted by ??????Hawk??????
Now youve finally got it running  try it,  Get bored of it, dont expect any support,
and finally  Delete it and run Ptokax   :P  :P  :P  :P
??????Hawk??????
How true. I was running it until 16.00 series came out. I swapped the same day i got it, thanks Mickey (the same day PPK said you can get it, if you can find him). :)

PPK

Some how I got the impression that ADC protocoll was some magical thing that would allow a 300 user hub to become a 1500 one in terms of bandwidth consumption :rolleyes:
This is not true ;) All data in ADC is send in UTF-8 -> for example chat use more badwith :D

Another exaple... in nmdc protocol is here
$MyINFO $ALL nick description$ $connection$email$sharesize|

in ADC is
xINF and contains cid, IP, udp port, sharesize, number of share files, client identification, max upload speed, upload slots, automatic slot alocator limit, maximum number of slots open in automatic slot manager mode, email, nickname, description, hubs counts (x/x/x), Token, op state, away state, hidden state...

userlist is bigger in ADC :D

Another example...
Connection request in nmdc
active -> $ConnectToMe nick ip:port
pasive -> $RevConnectToMe ownnick nick

ADC
active xCTM myCID targetCID protocol port TO
pasive xRCM myCID targetCID protocol TO

connection requests use more badwith too :D

imby

This is not true ;) All data in ADC is send in UTF-8 -> for example chat use more badwith :D

Another exaple... in nmdc protocol is here
$MyINFO $ALL nick description$ $connection$email$sharesize|

in ADC is
xINF and contains cid, IP, udp port, sharesize, number of share files, client identification, max upload speed, upload slots, automatic slot alocator limit, maximum number of slots open in automatic slot manager mode, email, nickname, description, hubs counts (x/x/x), Token, op state, away state, hidden state...

userlist is bigger in ADC :D

Another example...
Connection request in nmdc
active -> $ConnectToMe nick ip:port
pasive -> $RevConnectToMe ownnick nick

ADC
active xCTM myCID targetCID protocol port TO
pasive xRCM myCID targetCID protocol TO

connection requests use more badwith too :D

Damn, so hubs could realistically take 3 times as much to run? We don't all live in Sweden  X(

PPK

Damn, so hubs could realistically take 3 times as much to run?
No is it not too bad ;) We must wait for working ADC hubs and Clients to see what real ADC badwith usage with real users is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk