(1/5) > >>

PPK:
I want script that will block these clients:
ApexDC++ (ApexDC++ in tag) version 1.0.0 Beta 5, 1.0.1 and 1.1.0
StrongDC++ (StrgDC++ in tag) version 2.06, 2.1, 2.11, 2.12, 2.13, 2.2 and 2.21
RSX++ (RSX++ in tag) version 1.00B2, 1.00B3 and 1.00

They will be disconnected with reason:

--- Quote ---Your client is not allowed here because use code against licenses:
1 ) Use code from DC++ 0.701 and newer and is compiled Windows Template Library (licensed under GNU GPL incompatible license). DC++ license for 0.701 and newer don't allow that.
2 ) Use code from DC++ modifications (CZDC++, oDC, PhantomDC, PossumMod, ReverseConnect) and is compiled with OpenSSL (licensed under GNU GPL incompatible license). None of mentioned mods allow that in license.

--- End quote ---

bastya_elvtars:
You should instead notify SFLC. And it isn't illegal to use them, only to distribute them.

PPK:

--- Quote from: bastya_elvtars on 17 August, 2008, 14:41:22 ---You should instead notify SFLC.

--- End quote ---
I don't think that this is work for SFLC. I'm contacted sourceforge, because they using it for project. Sourceforge wanted that i'm send info about this problem to project administrators, and if they don't fix it then sourceforge remove them :)

Big Muscle:

--- Quote from: PPK ---PossumMod

--- End quote ---
But this you mean "FolderTree" which isn't licensed under PossumMod, but under Naughter Software which states "You are allowed to include the source code in any product (commercial, shareware, freeware or otherwise) when your product is released in binary form."

Or you mean PossumMod's license which has never been attached to source code, so it can't violated? Maybe, you are more clever, so you could provide us which PossumMod's license is violated  ;)

--- Quote from: PPK ---ReverseConnect

--- End quote ---
But this you mean "sorting in TypedTreeListViewCtrl"? Firstly, you should know that nothing like this was present in ReverseConnect. It was present in RevConnect. Secondly, you should know that liny (RevConnect's developer) gave me the right to do with this code everything what I want. The only condition was that there must be a simple notice that the code is originally from RevConnect. Since CzDC has removed this notice, than it's CzDC who violates liny's copyright!

Next time, try to find facts before trying anything  :P

Also, you could show us part of license which forbid using of code you told.

And simple question: do you want a script which will block other clients which don't release source code at all? Or this is another try to make you visible and to show that StrongDC++ and its derivations are bad? Btw, there's more StrongDC++ derivations which doesn't release source code at all, so it is funny that you named only mods which I wrote in Nighthawks Forum  ;D ;D

PPK:

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 19 August, 2008, 12:57:12 ---Since CzDC has removed this notice, than it's CzDC who violates liny's copyright!

--- End quote ---
CzDC don't violates liny or someone else copyright. RevConnect is licensed under GNU GPL with exception allowing compile with WTL. I'm using that code as license allow me. That liny code that i'm using don't have any copyright notice in RevConnect source, and no liny copyright is in file where that code is.

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 19 August, 2008, 12:57:12 ---you named only mods which I wrote in Nighthawks Forum

--- End quote ---
Yes you point to them, i'm checked them and i'm sure they will thank you for problems that you caused to them :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version