Lua 5.3/5.2/5.1 Scripts (for PtokaX 0.4.0.0 and newer) > Request for scripts

Script to block clients violating licences

<< < (2/5) > >>

Big Muscle:

--- Quote from: PPK on 19 August, 2008, 23:38:52 ---CzDC don't violates liny or someone else copyright.

--- End quote ---
yes, it does... it violates StrongDC++ license (by removing copyright notice). It violates DC++ 0.7xx license, because CzDC contains one fix which I post to DC++ 0.7xx and CzDC use it without updating license..

--- Quote ---RevConnect is licensed under GNU GPL with exception allowing compile with WTL. I'm using that code as license allow me. That liny code that i'm using don't have any copyright notice in RevConnect source, and no liny copyright is in file where that code is.

--- End quote ---
This would be true in the case you copied the code from RevConnect. But you didn't, by simple checking the code, it is obvious that you didn't copy the code from RevConnect under GNU/GPL, but from StrongDC++ where it was included under liny's copyright.

Btw you forgot to respond to the rest of my post  ;D

PPK:
You are wrong, as always.
1 ) In CzDC is no file from StrongDC++ with removed copyright, and if you finally read GNU GPL (you should do that when you start using it to know what it contains), then you found that it is NOT contains that copyrights must be copyed with code :P
2 ) DC++ license was changed to 0.701, so if you pointing to 0.70x don't mean that i'm violating license. As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007. DC++ 0.700 was released 2007-10-11, that means that last code by me was copyed from pre 0.700 svn.
Because you are not able to tell exact version i can only quote one of my favorite quotes:

--- Quote ---Talk is cheap. Show me the code. Torvalds, Linus (2000-08-25).
--- End quote ---
3 ) Liny code is from RevConnect, why i should have it from copy when i can have original ;D If it make you happy think about it like i'm removed that copy from strongdc++ and copyed it from RevConnect instead 8)
4 ) I'm not forgot, it simply don't deserve my respond.

Big Muscle:

--- Quote from: PPK on 20 August, 2008, 11:45:33 ---You are wrong, as always.
1 ) In CzDC is no file from StrongDC++ with removed copyright, and if you finally read GNU GPL (you should do that when you start using it to know what it contains), then you found that it is NOT contains that copyrights must be copyed with code :P

--- End quote ---

Quotation: "Part of releasing a program under the GPL is writing a copyright notice in your own name (assuming you are the copyright holder). The GPL requires all copies to carry an appropriate copyright notice."

--- Quote ---2 ) DC++ license was changed to 0.701, so if you pointing to 0.70x don't mean that i'm violating license. As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007. DC++ 0.700 was released 2007-10-11, that means that last code by me was copyed from pre 0.700 svn.
Because you are not able to tell exact version i can only quote one of my favorite quotes:3

--- End quote ---
It's really sad that you don't remember the dates when you released your version. Quotation from your forum: "29/FEB/2008 Updated CzDC 0.699 B available..." and this version was (maybe it still is) available to download in your forum. It contains timer race condition fix which I post to DC++ and gave copyright to arnetheduck. If you still want to lie about it, I can simply provide screenshot about it... there are 3 possibilites:

1) you took this fix from DC++ 0.705 => you violate license of DC++ 0.705
2) you took this fix from StrongDC++ => you violate license of StrongDC++
3) you took this fix from some of my patch file => you violate my copyright, because I never released such patch under GNU/GPL.

--- Quote --- 3) Liny code is from RevConnect, why i should have it from copy when i can have original ;D

--- End quote ---
ok, let's say it's true, but then you could explain why it contains changes (even it's really small changes) which were present in code that liny had sent me before it was included in RevConnect. And these (small) changes aren't present in RevConnect. It's really interesting. Are you able to explain it?

--- Quote ---4 ) I'm not forgot, it simply don't deserve my respond.

--- End quote ---
yes, it doesn't, because you would have to admit that you were wrong and it's too hard for you. Firstly, you claim that StrongDC++ violates PossumMod's license, but then you are not able to provide such license. the same pays for RevConnect  ::)

7P-Darkman:
Hello friends ...

Let me intrude in this matter. Let us remember that we are part of a P2P network, and the essence of P2P is a sharing, just a song, a software, a script or only an information!

I am a teacher, and during my job i show to my students various information and knowledge that I was not I who produced, but it is unprecedented for them.

I could collect copyright for that information and knowledge?

The copyright seem unfair, and then we all should reverence to all distinguished genius of humanit, after all, that they were not really brought new information to humanity?

This discussion refers to the substance of what is the copyright, and rather we would never finish it, if start to discuss it.

I would therefore propose to all here to look adopt a model of copyright that approaches over how knowledge is produced, and all I know, which I think is the most fair of the Creative Commons.

I feel very happy when I know that the little that I collaborated to create something else a very good and cool, and would be most happy if my name (or nickname) was cited as one of those who contributed to this being created... That would be a large payment by little I did for humanity?

So I suggest to friends that begin to seriously consider the Creative Commons license, which I believe to be the fairest and that comes closest to the way knowledge is produced.

For more information, visit the site of it ... here:  http://creativecommons.org

Respectfully,

7P-Darkman

PPK:

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---Quotation: "Part of releasing a program under the GPL is writing a copyright notice in your own name (assuming you are the copyright holder). The GPL requires all copies to carry an appropriate copyright notice."
--- End quote ---
That line is not in GNU GPL version 2.

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---It's really sad that you don't remember the dates when you released your version.
--- End quote ---
No, only you can't read. So again for you... As is documented in CzDC changelog last code from DC++ was copyed to 0.699B released 6. May. 2007.

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---there are 3 possibilites:
--- End quote ---
You forgot number 4. Someone send me url to patch, i seen where i should use fastlock and created that 3 lines fix yourself :P

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---but then you could explain why it contains changes
--- End quote ---
I don't need to explain you why any code in CzDC contains changes.

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---you claim that StrongDC++ violates PossumMod's license
--- End quote ---
PossumMod is DC++ mod and as DC++ mod is and must be licensed under same license as DC++ was. You should be able to find what is his license in source, most source files contains that info in header.

--- Quote from: Big Muscle on 20 August, 2008, 13:16:22 ---the same pays for RevConnect  ::)

--- End quote ---
Maybe you don't violate RevConnect license, but you always have enough violations to be removed from sourceforge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version