Author Topic: (rather an annoyance) Default directories in config/daemon/interactive  (Read 250 times)

Offline bastya_elvtars

• Forum God
  • The rock n' roll doctor
    • The FreshStuff3 Site
When you invoke Ptokax with the -m switch it defaults to ~/PtokaX -- and does the same when you run the bot in interactive (that is, non-daemon) mode. However, if you start PtokaX with -d it seeks for config in ~/.PtokaX instead (one dot difference). I understand this can be overridden with the -c switch but took a while to figure it out. :D
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PtokaX forum

Offline PPK

• Administrator
  • Emperor
  • PtokaX developer
Re: (rather an annoyance) Default directories in config/daemon/interactive
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2018, 23:51:43 »
This is little complicated. It defaults to current directory. But for daemon full path must be specified and if i remember correctly daemon have nothing like current directory so it gets current home directory of actual user and adds /.PtokaX
"Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris." - Larry Wall

Offline bastya_elvtars

• Forum God
  • The rock n' roll doctor
    • The FreshStuff3 Site
« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2018, 13:46:33 »
Yeah, I was quite sure this wasn't a bug. Thanks for the clarification, will keep this in mind.
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PtokaX forum

« Reply #2 on: 16 September, 2018, 13:46:33 »