Author Topic: new user to linux os and have beginner questions with raspberry pi  (Read 280 times)

Offline ru_ready

I am trying so desperately to use and understand Linux based operating systems.  Long time windows user and have very little programming experiences.

Love the raspberry, and I know it will be an excellent server for hosting a hub in DC. Purchased a 4TB powered usb drive with 2 external usb ports, so this allows an excellent way to host a hub.

I have tried all my best in figuring out how to get the Ptokax running.

what I need is some very basic explanations of how to unzip and install the software. I have (I think) made all the right steps, but nothing seems to be working out  :(.

What programming software do I use in raspberry? python?  when it says to type scripts, what software is actually used to make the folders with?

this is what confuses me as there are many options to use. I can make screen shots and give my step by step to what i have tried.

1 other question, do i need to also run a DC++ install or is the Ptokax not need it.

thanks for anyone who can teach this starter in Linux based systems out.  (who can teach me what i need to know)

thanks kindly

PtokaX forum

Offline bastya_elvtars

• Forum God
  • The rock n' roll doctor
    • The FreshStuff3 Site
Re: new user to linux os and have beginner questions with raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2020, 14:50:18 »
If I were you I would start off with Windows Subsystem for Linux (provided you have a Win10 rig) as it's the easiest way to learn Linux. You will need to compile PtokaX from source. PtokaX-specific guides are available on the wiki. Based on your post you need familiarise yourself withLinux/Unix commandline basics for which there are countless tutorials.

HTH
Everything could have been anything else and it would have just as much meaning.

PtokaX forum

Re: new user to linux os and have beginner questions with raspberry pi
« Reply #1 on: 02 November, 2020, 14:50:18 »