File Send

News:

29 December 2022 - PtokaX 0.5.3.0 (20th anniversary edition) released...
11 April 2017 - PtokaX 0.5.2.2 released...
8 April 2015 Anti child and anti pedo pr0n scripts are not allowed anymore on this board!
28 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 for Windows 10 IoT released...
3 September 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.1 released...
16 August 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.2.0 released...
1 August 2015 - Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX ended. Clearly nobody want ADC support...
30 June 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.1.0 released...
30 April 2015 Crowdfunding for ADC protocol support in PtokaX
26 April 2015 New support hub!
20 February 2015 - PtokaX 0.5.0.3 released...
13 April 2014 - PtokaX 0.5.0.2 released...
23 March 2014 - PtokaX testing version 0.5.0.1 build 454 is available.
04 March 2014 - PtokaX.org sites were temporary down because of DDOS attacks and issues with hosting service provider.

Main Menu

File Send

Started by witch, 10 August, 2004, 01:14:49

Previous topic - Next topic

witch

Hi all!
Just was thinking about posebility to send file to the user(s), you know like in icq. So you not have to share it you just send it and reciver have to exept it! Duuno if such script exist, but i would really love to have it!

Thanx  :))

Cypher

In icq the file is sent from the person that sends it to you not from the server. There isnt a way for a script to send a file to someone.

UwV

but just what if ..
there would be a dc client that allows to send & get send files .. and a hubscript to make it possble from the hub side ..  that would be awesome...... :D
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.
" Holly loves me,...  . "      ;o)

& don't forget, the motto is :
  -- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ'S --

ARCHANGEL

You can use DC Pro to send stuff you are sharing, provided the other person has DC Pro too.

UwV

great :0)  .. never knew that.. so i'll have to give it a try ..  ..
\NL   The knowledge and skills you have achieved are meant to be forgotten so you can float comfortably in emptiness, without obstruction.
" Holly loves me,...  . "      ;o)

& don't forget, the motto is :
  -- SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL DJ'S --

witch

..yes but not a lot ppl using DC Pro, i would say i don't know anyone....script will be right on !!!   :))

plop

scripts can't share files.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

witch

it's no doubs about it dude.....all i'm saying is script can send file, not share.

imby

QuoteIn icq the file is sent from the person that sends it to you not from the server. There isnt a way for a script to send a file to someone.

there's your answer. it's not possible. would have to be implemented on the client side. therefore you need to ask on the DC++ forums.

BottledHate

Sending the data out as if sending a file isn't a
problem.... The qtion is: would dc++ accept and start
downloading an unrequested file??? Too lazy to check
atm, but i'm guessing no.  

Another thought.. Maybe you could put a magnet link in the motd.... magnet is built into newer versions of dc++.
Then if the users want said file.. They just click the link
and your bot-client, ops, or whoever sharing it will come
up in the search.

...bleh

-BH
Homepage: www.bottledhate.webhop.org

Compiling  Lua scripts is LAME!!!!!

tezlo

that would be silly.. you want to force downloads on people?
what's next.. to be able to execute these files?

witch

WOW.....calm down.....hehe..... this function will be very usefull for technical reasons. For example u need to send new ptokax soft to your friend or some non script bot or whatever..... but u don't wana share it with all users...

bom  :D

nErBoS

Hi,

This subject have already been discuted, it doesn't make sense to make a script share files (for several reasons), why don't you use emails, messenger, there so much thing that you can use to share.

Best regards, nErBoS
--## nErBoS Spot ##--

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk