Author Topic: Information About Proxies  (Read 2710 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Corayzon

  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 464
  • Karma: +1/-0
Information About Proxies
« on: 28 July, 2005, 07:43:52 »
Hey guys,

Im currently upto writing an ip gaurd for cSlave to stop ppl using ptokax hubs to control flood attacks, but then i also want to allow proxy users to not get filter and disconnected.

What i do know: Proxy users accept incomming connections on a ip different to the ip address the server contains.

What i dont know: Do these proxy user's ip still relate to the logged address?

For example:

Server Has IP: 213.11.45.1

Would then a proxy inbound connection allways use 213.11.xxx.xxx?

Please teach me ^^

Thankz guys

PtokaX forum

Information About Proxies
« on: 28 July, 2005, 07:43:52 »

Offline plop

  • Forum God
  • ****
  • Posts: 2 464
  • Karma: +37/-0
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2005, 18:11:56 »
socks 5 proxy servers do adress translation just like NAT.
so the connecting ip is always that of the proxy server.
socks 4 isn't an option for dc clients as it only supports tcp connections.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Offline Corayzon

  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 464
  • Karma: +1/-0
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: 28 July, 2005, 18:43:35 »
so when a socks 5 users sends a connect\search request in dc. What is the differnce in the proxy servers ip and the ip used to connect back to the socks 5 user?

can they be completly dif ip address's? or are the start of the ip address's the same?

Cheers

Offline plop

  • Forum God
  • ****
  • Posts: 2 464
  • Karma: +37/-0
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: 29 July, 2005, 07:24:28 »
Quote
Originally posted by Corayzon
so when a socks 5 users sends a connect\search request in dc. What is the differnce in the proxy servers ip and the ip used to connect back to the socks 5 user?

can they be completly dif ip address's? or are the start of the ip address's the same?

Cheers

the only ip you'll see is the ip of the proxy.

plop
http://www.plop.nl lua scripts/howto\'s.
http://www.thegoldenangel.net
http://www.vikingshub.com
http://www.lua.org

>>----> he who fights hatred with hatred, drives the spreading of hatred <----<<

Offline Corayzon

  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 464
  • Karma: +1/-0
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2005, 07:49:36 »
So your saying... a proxy user will allways send the same ip address in a active connection request to what the server has?

I dont allways think this is the case! Otherwise why did i use to get so many complaints on the ip guard from proxy users?

Ill explain once more whats going on...

1 Proxy user connects to server.
2 Server has proxy ip address.
3 Proxy user sends $ConnectToMe request
4 Server detects ip address in connection request is different to the proxy servers ip
5 My server disconnects them with ip gaurd message
6 Im asking: what is the difference between these ip address's?

Let me know if ur thoughts

Offline ??????Hawk??????

  • Emperor
  • **
  • Posts: 1 044
  • Karma: +12/-2
    • Leeds Laptop Repairs
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2005, 10:20:31 »
Quote
Originally posted by Corayzon
So your saying... a proxy user will allways send the same ip address in a active connection request to what the server has?

i was always in the Belief that proxy could Only work Passive..  maby the users that were having problems set an ip in their active connection when they should have been Passive...

or i could be sooooo wrong  :P  :P


??????Hawk??????

Offline Corayzon

  • Lord
  • ***
  • Posts: 464
  • Karma: +1/-0
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2005, 05:07:49 »
Quote
Originally posted by ??????Hawk??????
Quote
Originally posted by Corayzon
So your saying... a proxy user will allways send the same ip address in a active connection request to what the server has?

i was always in the Belief that proxy could Only work Passive..  maby the users that were having problems set an ip in their active connection when they should have been Passive...

or i could be sooooo wrong  :P  :P


??????Hawk??????

* These ppl were active. And wernt ment to be passive :P And in all cases i didnt just add anyone to a safelist because i hate ppl using my hubs to attack others. So when i allowed them i checked their file list downloaded.

All proxy users in mi old hub used a different ip then the proxy servers to get a connection back onto one of their sockets with tcp or udp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its just now, they arnt around, and i cant find a active proxy user to come to a test hub for a 10 sec test with them requesting my filelist or searching for something.

Someone please shead some light on this subjest! possiably U, the reader, connects through a proxy? if so tell me how u get active and help me get an answer

Cheers

PtokaX forum

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: 30 July, 2005, 05:07:49 »